We are a leading immigration consultancy strongly committed to consistently providing world-class expert services in the areas of migration visas, overseas business establishment, and resettlement. The objective of our immigration consultancy company is to enable clients to realise their plans of migrating to developed countries such as USA, Canada, UK, Cyprus and Australia through a streamlined, structured, and cost-effective process. If you require the professional services of the best immigration consultants, then our highly qualified and experienced team at Berkeleyme Consultants are the people who can help you.

We, at Berkeleyme, are authorized representatives and acting on behalf of a team of dedicated, committed and licensed US Immigration Consultants, qualified lawyers and former US Senior Immigration and Visa officers based in Orlando, Florida.

Together, we have expertise, knowledge of U.S. immigration laws, and experience to offer you a quality representation at affordable and flexible payment terms.

Our success is dependant upon your visa approval and we strive to make it happen.


The Qualifications

The L-1 is about transferring a foreign company executive or manager to its U.S. office

Intracompany transferees means an alien who, within three years preceding the time of his or her application for admission into the United States, has been employed abroad continuously for one year by a firm or corporation or other legal entity or parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary thereof, and who seeks to enter the United States temporarily in order to render his or her services to a branch of the same employer or a parent, affiliate, or subsidiary thereof in a capacity that is managerial, executive, or involves specialized knowledge.

Let us take a closer look at the definition of these terms.

A. There must be a qualifying relationship between the sending company (foreign) and the receiving company (U.S.). This may be either a parent-subsidiary relationship OR an affiliate relationship. Parent-subsidiary relationship, means that either the U.S. entity or the foreign entity is the parent, and it owns the other company as a subsidiary. The subsidiary may be either partially owned or wholly owned by the parent company. And the parent company must control the subsidiary. For example, Company A -USA is 25% owned by Company B -England. Company A is the subsidiary and Company B is the parent. They will have a qualifying relationship for L-1 as long as Company B also controls Company A.
Affiliate relationship, means that either two subsidiaries are owned and controlled by the same parent or individual OR that the companies and owned and controlled by the same groups of individuals in approximately the same share or proportion of each entity.
If your business entities in the U.S. and abroad do not meet these structural requirements, then we will have to create the proper structure for you.

B. You must be employed by the U.S. company as either an executive, manager or employee of specialized knowledge; and you must have performed in one of these capacities in the foreign company as well.
These terms have strict definitions, but generally speaking, an executive is one who directs the management of the organization and establishes its policies and goals. A manager is one who manages the supervisors and unless for some exceptions, may not be a first-line supervisor. So you have to show projections that within one year of receiving a visa for a new U.S. office, you will have sufficient employees underneath you.
Although the regulations do not state how many employees you must have managed overseas or you must manage in the U.S., I recommend no fewer than 5.


Step 1 : Once you hire, I will provide you a checklist of the documents necessary from your foreign and U.S. companies. These include documents such as your company’s tax returns for the last 3 years, company registration documents, payroll records, company brochures if any, etc. You will also need to document that your U.S. office has “secured” a sufficient business premises for the U.S. office, and that you have transferred the investment funds to your U.S. company account.

Step 2 : Once the case is ready to be filed, you will sign the applications and we will file the petitions for you. You will pay the government filing fees, which are approximately: $320 for L-1 petition; $500 fraud prevention and detection fee; $1225 if you want premium processing (15 day guaranteed response time by USCIS).

Step 3 : Once the petition is approved, then we will assist you with filing your L-1 visa application with the Embassy and also prepare you for the interview. That may take 1 to 2 months. It may be delayed much more for “administrative processing” as it sometimes happens there.


E-2 Visa

The E-2 visa is an investor visa for nationals of those countries that have a treaty of commerce (a business treaty) with the United States.


• The investor, either a real or corporate person, must be a national of a treaty country
• The investment must be substantial. It must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise. The percentage of investment for a low-cost business enterprise must be higher than the percentage of investment in a high-cost enterprise
• The investment must be a real operating enterprise. Speculative or idle investment does not qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or similar security are not considered an investment
• The investment may not be marginal. It must generate significantly more income than just to provide a living to the investor and family, or it must have a significant economic impact in the United States
• The investor must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise are not allowed and
• The investor must be coming to the U.S. to develop and direct the enterprise


Step 1: Hiring

If you are ready to file for an investor’s visa, you should hire our services so that we may provide you consultation about the immigration requirements and also so that we may evaluate your business for the E-2 visa requirements.

Step 2: Due diligence

You will need to identify the business that you are interested in investing in. This may be an existing business or one that you will start up. Our immigration department’s job will be to evaluate the business for the E-2 requirements. Your job will be to evaluate the business from the “business sense.” You may wish to hire a licensed business broker to assist you in your search. Our law firm is engaged in the business of legal services and is unable to provide you business advice nor can it ensure profitability. At this stage, you should enlist the services of a CPA or a financial adviser to conduct due diligence of the business. Our immigration department can review the proposed contract or letter of intent from the seller from the immigration perspective.

Step 3: Corporate work

Once you are satisfied with your choice of business, and our immigration department has determined its potential eligibility for the E-2, then you should hire a corporate attorney to incorporate your business entity, which is usually an LLC. The corporate attorney will also review your proposed purchase agreement from the seller and you may also attend the closing for you. For purchases in Florida, you may request our department to refer one of our partners at the law firm. *It is recommended for your protection, that you do not close on the purchase, and that you keep your initial deposits to the seller to a minimum, until your visa is issued.

Step 4: Filing your applications

We will finalize the preparation of your applications. This involves gathering the necessary financial and business documentation for your business. It also entails gathering your necessary personal documentation, such as passport. If you are in the United States and wish to change status, then we will file the petition with the USCIS. If you are filing for your visa, then we will file the application for your interview to be held overseas at the U.S. Embassy.

Step 5: Visa Issuance and closing

Upon the issuance of the visa, you may close on your purchase and release the necessary funds for the investment.


There is a difference between a “visa” and “status.” A “visa” is the document issued by the consular office in your country to gain entry into the United States. It does not dictate how long you may remain in the U.S. Thus, although you may be issued a 5 year multiple entry E-2 visa, upon entry, you will be stamped in for 2 years of stay. Conversely, if you begin your E-2 status by changing to it within the U.S., then in order to return on E-2 status, you will need to apply for an E-2 “visa.” The E-2 status in the U.S. expires after 2 years. Thereafter, the status must be renewed.

Also note that for a new business that is not yet profitable, it is possible for consular office to initially issue a one-year E-2 visa.
Our attorney’s fee for the E-2 visa vary based on complexity. The government filing fees are separate. For the E-2, the visa fee is paid at the Embassy, which should be about $200-400. If you wish to hire our corporate attorney, his or her fees are separate, and vary depending upon the work you require.



• After his entry, an alien has generally 1 year to file for asylum. Some exceptions apply.
• Establishing a claim for asylum requires proving that you would be persecuted upon return to your home country on the account of either your race, religion, nationality, political opinion or because you belong to a particular social group.
• If you have permanent residency or were offered permanent residency in any other country, then you would be barred from receiving asylum.


• Our job would be to prepare the application for you. You would provide us any supporting evidence. I will provide guidance on what type of evidence may be helpful, but it would be your responsibility to provide any evidence helpful in your case. I would conduct the legal and country conditions research.
• 150 days after filing your application, you may apply for your work authorization. It takes about 90 days to process this.
•We would prepare you for the interview in Florida and represent you there. If the asylum officer approves your case, you will have asylum status in the United States. If your case is refused, it will be referred to an immigration judge where you can request a review of your asylum case. If the judge denies your case, a removal order will be entered against you if you do not have any other lawful immigration status at the time. You may appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals. This whole process is likely to take years.
•Our attorney’s fee is normally $6,000, plus $500 in costs. This includes preparing and filing your case, preparing you for the interview and attending your interview in Florida. If your case is refused and goes to a judge, then additional fees will be incurred.
• Upon being hired, I will be able to open a file and provide you a checklist of documents and also spend the necessary time with you in gathering your evidence.


Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The B1 / B2 Visa, or visitor visa, is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business, a B-1 Visa, and if for pleasure or medical treatment, then a B-2 Visa.


Helping International Students With Their Student Visa Applications

The United States welcomes international citizens who come to the country to study. Hundreds of thousands of people come to the U.S. each year to pursue educational programs at different levels, for which a student visa is required.

US Student visas are issued only to students who will attend U.S. schools that have received prior approval from USCIS for enrollment of foreign students. Virtually all public and accredited private colleges, universities, and vocational schools have been approved.

Once you have chosen a school and the school has accepted you, it will issue a certificate that can be used to continue with the immigration application. If you have had trouble getting visas in the past, have ever overstayed a visa, are from a country thought to sponsor terrorism, or you just do not have the time to monitor closely the process and to be on top of deadlines, etc, assistance from an immigration attorney can be well worth the investment. Also, note that certain areas of study may bar you from entry on a student visa, depending on the planned course of study and its national security implications. The immigration attorneys at Berkeley in Orlando can assist you in evaluating or obtaining a student visa in the U.S.

Changes introduced shortly after September 11, 2001 involve extensive and ongoing review of visa issuing practices as they relate to our national security. It is important to apply for your student visa in the U.S. well in advance of your travel departure date.

Types of Student Visas

There are three types of student visas:
• Academic Studies (F Visas)
• Non-Academic Studies (M visas)
• Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor (J Visas)


If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States, or a relative who is a lawful permanent resident, you must go through a multi-step process.

The USCIS must approve an immigrant visa petition, I-130 for Alien Relative, for you. This petition is filed by your relative and must be accompanied by proof of your relationship to the requesting relative.

Then, the Department of State must determine if an immigrant visa number is immediately available for you through the foreign national, even if you are already in the United States. When an immigrant visa number is available, it means you can apply to have one of the immigrant visa numbers assigned to you.

Then, the Department of State must determine if an immigrant visa number is immediately available to you, the foreign national, even if you are already in the United States. When an immigrant visa number is available, it means you can apply to have one of the immigrant visa numbers assigned to you.

If you are already in the United States, you may apply to change your status to that of a lawful permanent resident after a visa number becomes available to you. This is one way you can apply to secure an immigrant visa number. If you are outside the United States when an immigrant visa number becomes available, you must then go to the U.S. Consulate servicing the area in which you reside to complete your processing. This is the other way to secure an immigrant visa number.

CAUTION: In addition, the alien relative must not be inadmissible based on any grounds under the Immigration and Nationality Act or INA. Therefore, before applying for any immigration benefit, be sure to consult with an experienced immigration attorney from Berkeley Immigration Services.


Shahzad Ahmed
Immigration Attorney

US Immigration Attorney Shahzad Ahmed is a Florida Board Certified Immigration Attorney, one of only 8 percent lawyers to be certified as an expert in Immigration and Nationality Law. He was awarded The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers in 2015. Mr. Ahmed has over 15 years experience and practices immigration law exclusively. He was elected as the Orlando Regional Vice-Chair for the American Immigration Lawyers Association and as a liaison with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service for 2013-14. Mr. Ahmed is a Partner and Senior Immigration Attorney, where was voted the “Best Law Firm in Central Florida” by readers of the Orlando Business Journal in 2012 through 2014.

Mr. Ahmed has acquired visas for many businesses as they seek to invest or transfer their employees to the United States. He has assisted applicants from around the globe, including United Kingdom (UK), Canada, Brazil, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Dubai (UAE) and many other countries.

Visas he has obtained include:

• Business Visas L-1 Intracompany Transferee, EB-1 Multinational Executives/Managers
• Investor Visas E-2 Treaty Investor, EB-5 Job Creation
• Employment Visas H-1B Specialty Occupation, O-1 Extraordinary Ability, P-1 Athlete, P-2 Cultural Exchange Artist, P-3 Culturally Unique Performer, R-1 religious Worker, EB-1 Extraordinary Ability, EB-2 Advanced Degree, EB-3 Skilled and Unskilled Worker, EB-4 Special Immigrant
• Personal/Family Visas Family based petitions, Fiances, Immigrant Visas

Mr. Ahmed has successfully represented thousands of businesses and individual clients in various circumstances, including but not limited to, business and investor visas, employment visas, family visas, deportation, and naturalization and citizenship matters. Mr. Ahmed has extensive experience in courtroom litigation as well. He has appeared in hundreds of cases before dozens of immigration judges, successfully representing clients in matters ranging from removal proceedings to claims for political asylum, cancellation of removal, hardship waivers and adjustment of status.

Human Rights Work:

Mr. Ahmed is a Human Rights Defender and advocate. Human Rights Defenders are described in the U.N. Universal Declaration of Human Rights Defenders. Under Article 11 of the Declaration, lawyers who are Human Rights Defenders, are to protect the human dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of others. Mr. Ahmed represents his clients in their applications for asylum in the United States. Additionally, he advocates against persecution of individuals overseas, and engages in tolerance training locally.

Join Mr. Ahmed’s growing community of Human Rights Defenders. Visit www.facebook.com/hrdefenders and select the option to receive notifications.


Mr. Ahmed earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Touro Law Center in Long Island, New York. As a law student, Mr. Ahmed served as an Assistant Editor for the International Law Journal while contributing to various other journals and publications. He concentrated his studies in International Law and quickly developed a passion for assisting others with their immigration issues. Mr. Ahmed went on to complete a comprehensive law studies program in Shimla, India, an opportunity that enriched his understanding of the comparative legal jurisprudence. In 1998, Mr. Ahmed was admitted to the Florida Bar and after ten years of practice, in 2008. He currently serves as the Senior Attorney and Senior Litigator for the Firm’s Immigration Division.

Shahzad Ahmed’s works have been noted and cited in press releases by human rights and civil liberties organizations, including Amnesty International and Solidarity U.S.A. Mr. Ahmed is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for both the Southern District and the Middle District of Florida. He practices immigration law throughout the entire United States and is admitted to practice in any immigration court within the United States. He is also active in various immigration, civic and political organizations.


English, Urdu and Hindi, Arabic