Minimal Invasive Surgical Training (MIST)
- Professor Dr Amjad Parvaiz (Master Trainer/Director)
- Dr Muhamad Tayyab (CEO/Director)
- Professor Dr Nuno Figueiredo
- Professor Dr Tahseen Qureshi
- Dr Jamil Ahmed
- Dr Najaf Siddiqui
- Dr Hassan Abbas
- Dr Hamid Reza Zamani
Professor Amjad Parvaiz
MBBS, FRCS (Glasg), FRCS (Eng) FRCS (Gen & Colorectal Surgery)
Professor of Surgery
University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, UK
Honorary Professor of Surgery
School of Medicine
University of Berlgrade, Serbia
Visiting Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Poole, UK
Head of Laparoscopic & Robotic Colorectal Unit
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal
Director of the European Academy of Robotic Colorectal Surgery (EARCS) www.earcs.pt
INTERNATIONAL FACULTY AND PROGRAMME LEAD
Professor Amjad Parvaiz is a visiting consultant surgeon at Poole NHS foundation trust in the UK and is Head of the Laparoscopic & Robotic Colorectal Unit at the Champalimaud Foundation in Lisbon, Portugal.
He holds a personal chair at the University of Portsmouth affiliated with the Faculty of Health Science in Portsmouth, UK. He is also Director and Founding Member of the European Academy of Robotic Colorectal Surgery (EARCS) since 2014.
He has vast experience in laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery with particular interest in training in minimally invasive techniques worldwide. He became the leading trainer in UK for delivering largest number of training procedures within the National Training Programme (Lapco). He has performed and supervised more than 2500 laparoscopic colorectal resections & more than 1000 robotic colorectal resections. His clinical results are quoted as one of the best in the world for short term hospital outcomes and long -term cancer survival. 5 year local recurrence rate of 1.4%.
He has a keen interest in research and teaching with over 150 publications in International peer reviewed journals and book chapters. He is on Editorial boards on number of International peer review journals. He has supervised various research projects leading to award of MSc and MD degrees. He has successfully pioneered and established epicenters for minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery at Portsmouth, Poole in UK and at the Champalimaud Foundation in Lisbon, Portugal. Under his leadership, these centres have gained National and International reputation for teaching and training.
His interest in teaching and training of minimal access surgery, Led him to develope and designed the robotic rectal training programme for European colorectal surgeons and led the creation of the European Academy of Robotic Colorectal Surgery (EARCS). He has also established International centers of excellence for laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery throughout Europe, Russia, East Africa, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan and China.
In recognition of his work, he was elected as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Fellow of Portuguese Society of Surgery in Portugal and Honorary chair for professor of surgery at Belgrade University of Medicine, Belgrade, Serbia. He also has won numerous awards and honors worldwide.
- First prize in video presentation on effects of standardization on laparoscopic and robotic TME surgery for rectal cancer. Turkish Colorectal surgery conference, Antalya, Turkey, May 2015
- Best Video prize for European surgeons in EAES meeting Brussels June2012.
- David Dunn Medal Best paper on Clinical Outcomes in NTP, ALSGBI, Nov2010.
- Best Paper Prize Winner on Impact of NTP on training opportunities for HSTs at the 5thInternational Congress of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Florida 11-12, Feb2010.
- Best Paper Prize Winner on Feasibility and safety of Laparoscopic resections in High Risk patients at the 4thInternational Congress of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Florida 10-11, February2009.
- Best paper prize winner on Feasibility and early outcomes following Laparoscopic Liver resections – regional SpR meeting, March2004.
- Best Clinical paper award for Long Term Outcomes following IVC filter insertions at the European Society of Vascular Surgeons’ meeting, Istanbul, Turkey2002.
- Travelling Fellowship award to visit Washington Cancer Centre, Washington,USA.
Major Research Interests
- Technological advances in minimal access & robotic surgery
- Teaching and training laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery
- Development of laparoscopic and robotic Total Mesorectal Excision (TME) for rectalcancer
- Impact of laparoscopic surgery on long term oncological outcomes following colorectal cancerresection
International: Teaching & Training
I was advisor and master trainer for the development of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery in the following countries:
It is a project to develop laparoscopic colorectal surgery in Eastern Europe, North and East Africa. A hub and spoke model was employed with the aim to develop central unit and thereafter to expand training to regional centres in the respective countries. I trained number of local consultant surgeons in the laparoscopic colorectal surgical techniques in various centres in these countries. It involved personal commitment and various travels to these countries. The program was successfully delivered in Russia, Kenya, Iran and Turkey.
Professor Amjad Parvaiz is a Director and Founding Member of the European Academy of Robotic Colorectal Surgery (EARCS). He was instrumental in establishing EARCS as an assessment based training academy to introduce robotic technology to surgeons without incurring a risk to the patient. To date, EARCS has successfully trained over 150 delegates of which 80 have now completed the assessments and been certified as competent to perform robotic colorectal surgery. Since the start of EARCS in 2015, professor has personally performed and supervised more than 1000 robotic training operations with EARCS delegates in 15 countries:
• Czech Republic
• United Kingdom
Invited Articles and BookChapters
- Odermatt M, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. (2017). Laparoscopic Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectal Cancer. Book chapter in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery: The Lapco Manual, Edition: 1st, Chapter: 10, Publisher: CRC Press, pp.121 – 146.
- Parvaiz A, Odermatt M. (2017). Surgical Technique and Difficult Situations from Amjad Parvaiz: Splenic Flexure Tumors (Laparoscopic). Book chapter in Gastrointestinal Operations and Technical Variations (pp. 273-280). 10.1007/978-3-662-49878-1_35.
- Parvaiz A, Odermatt M. (2013) Laparoscopic Total meso-rectal excision for rectal cancer. GastrointestinaleoperationenUndtechnischevarianten
- Parvaiz A, Odermatt M. (2013) Laparoscopic left hemicolectomy for splenic flexure tumour. GastrointestinaleoperationenUndtechnischevarianten.
- Chand M, Parvaiz A. (2012) Advances and challenges in Laparoscopic rectal resection for cancer. Book chapter in Laparoscopy – New Developments, Procedures and Risks. Nova Science Publishers. NewYork.
- Hemandas A, Parvaiz A. (2010) Laparoscopic management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Book chapter – Recent Advances in Surgery Vol 35. Jaypee BrothersPublications.
- Alam N, Parvaiz A. (2010) Laparoscopic surgery for Rectal Cancer. Invited Review – Annals of Royal College of Surgeons ofEngland.
- Hemandas A, Parvaiz A. (2010) Role of laparoscopy in management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Invited Review – Annals of Royal College of Surgeons ofEngland.
- Marsden M, ParvaizA, (2010) Resection of rectal cancer; laparoscopic or open surgery? Ann R Coll Surg Engl.
- Hemandas A, O’Leary D, ParvaizA, (2010) Laparoscopic Total Mesorectal Excision (TME) for rectal cancer. Recent Advances in Surgery Vol 33 Chap (10) P 131-146 ISBN 978-93- 80704-22-7
- Qureshi T, O’Leary D, Parvaiz A. (2008) Laparoscopic colorectal surgery Training implications and opportunities. Recent Advances in Surgery RSM Press Vol 30,
- Parvaiz A, Pearce N. (2004) Cholangiocarcinoma Recent Advances in Surgery Vol 27 RSM Press Chap (7) ISBN 1-85315-551-9
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Xu Guan, Zheng Liu, A Parvaiz et al International Consensus on Natural orifice specimen extraction surgery (NOSES) for Gastric cancer. Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf). 2020 Feb; 8(1): 5–10
- Panteleimontis S, Figueriedo N, Parvaiz A. Results for Laparoscopic rectal cancer surgery in High risk patients. In press Publication Langenbecks Arch Surg 2020.
- Li Ren,Dexiang Zhu, Parvaiz A, et al Shanghai International consensus on Diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of colorectal liver metastasis (Version 2019) Euro J Surg Oncol 2020 Jun;46(6):955-966.doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2020.02.019.
- Shah MF, Nasir IUI, Parvaiz A. Robotic Surgery for Colorectal Cancer.Visc Med. 2019 Aug;35(4):247-250. doi: 10.1159/000500785. Epub 2019 May 15. Review. PMID: 31602387
- Bullock M, Nasir IUI, Hemandas A, Qureshi T, Figueiredo N, Heald R, Parvaiz A. Standardised approach to laparoscopic total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer: a prospective multi-centre analysis.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2019 Aug;404(5):547-555. doi: 10.1007/s00423-019-01806-w. Epub 2019 Aug 3. PMID: 31377857
- Shah MF, Perring S, Parvaiz A, Ahmad M. Robotic Anal Sphincter Repair (RASeR) procedure – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Oct;21(10):1226. doi: 10.1111/codi.14756. Epub 2019 Jul 20. PMID: 31295768
- Vieira P, Tayyab M, Nasir I, Fernandez L, Domingos H, Cunha J, Heald RJ, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. A standardized approach in robotic abdominoperineal excision – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Aug;21(8):976. doi: 10.1111/codi.14676. Epub 2019 May 21. PMID: 31062480
- Popeskou SG, Panteleimonitis S, Christou N, Meyer J, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Robotic right hemicolectomy in the morbidly obese – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Aug;21(8):973-974. doi: 10.1111/codi.14662. Epub 2019 May 16. PMID: 31050872
- Nasir I, Fernandez L, Vieira P, Parés O, Santiago I, Castillo-Martin M, Domingos H, Cunha JF, Carvalho C, Heald RJ, Beets GL, Parvaiz A, Figueiredo N. Salvage surgery for local regrowths in Watch & Wait – Are we harming our patients by deferring the surgery?Eur J Surg Oncol. 2019 Sep;45(9):1559-1566. doi:10.1016/j.ejso.2019.04.006. Epub 2019 Apr 13. PMID: 31006589
- Shah MF, Nasir IUI, Qureshi TI, Parvaiz A. A standardized approach to laparoscopic panprocto-colectomy and ileo-anal pouch surgery for ulcerative colitis – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Jul;21(7):852-853. doi: 10.1111/codi.14643. Epub 2019 May 2. PMID: 30980586
- Gómez Ruiz M, Alfieri S, Becker T, Bergmann M, Boggi U, Collins J, Figueiredo N, Gögenur I, Matzel K, Miskovic D, Parvaiz A, Pratschke J, Rivera Castellano J, Qureshi T, Svendsen LB, Tekkis P, Vaz C. Expert consensus on a train-the-trainer curriculum for robotic colorectal surgery. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Aug;21(8):903-908. doi: 10.1111/codi.14637. Epub 2019 May 18. PMID: 30963654
- Leão P, Santos C, Goulart A, Caetano AC, Sousa M, Hogemann G, Parvaiz A, Figueiredo N. TaTME: analysis of the evacuatory outcomes and EUS anal sphincter. Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol. 2019 Mar 19:1-6. doi: 10.1080/13645706.2019.1567555. [Epub ahead of print].
- Shah MF, Panteleimonitis S, Nasir IUI, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Robotic resection for rectal regrowth in an obese patient – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Mar 11. doi: 10.1111/codi.14607. [Epub ahead of print].
- van der Sande M, Figueiredo N, Melenhorst J, Parvaiz A, Pares O, Santiago I, Beets-Tan R, Carvalho C, Beets G, the Dutch Watch-and-Wait Consortium. Management of local regrowths in a watch-and-wait programme for rectal cancer. EJSO. 2019 Feb;45(2):55-56. doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2018.10.214.
- Aradaib M, Neary P, Hafeez A, Kalbassi R, Parvaiz A, O’Riordain D. Safe adoption of robotic colorectal surgery using structured training: early Irish experience. J Robot Surg. 2018 Dec 10. doi: 10.1007/s11701-018-00911-0. [Epub ahead of print].
- Miskovic D, Ahmed J, Bissett-Amess R, Gómez Ruiz M, Luca F, Jayne D, Figueiredo N, Heald RJ, Spinoglio G, Parvaiz A; European Academy for Robotic Colorectal Surgery (EARCS). European consensus on the standardization of robotic total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer. Colorectal Dis. 2019 Mar;21(3):270-276. doi: 10.1111/codi.14502. Epub 2019 Jan 24.
- Panteleimonitis S, Popeskou S, Aradaib M, Harper M, Ahmed J, Ahmad M, Qureshi T, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Implementation of robotic rectal surgery training programme: importance of standardisation and structured training. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2018 Sep;403(6):749-760. doi: 10.1007/s00423-018-1690-1. Epub 2018 Jun 20.
- Mykoniatis I, Panteleimonitis S, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Tailor-made robotic anterior resection and hysterectomy – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2018 Aug;20(8):734-735. doi: 10.1111/codi.14272. Epub 2018 Jun 11.
- Vieira P, Tayyab M, Domingos H, Cunha J, Heald R, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Standardized approach to robotic right colectomy – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2018 Sep;20(9):827-828. doi: 10.1111/codi.14263. Epub 2018 Jun 12.
- Panteleimonitis S, Pickering O, Abbas H, Harper M, Kandala N, Figueiredo N, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Robotic rectal cancer surgery in obese patients may lead to better short-term outcomes when compared to laparoscopy: a comparative propensity scored match study. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2018 Aug;33(8):1079-1086. doi: 10.1007/s00384-018-3030-x. Epub 2018 Mar 25.
- Alfieri S, Quero G, Parvaiz A. Robotic-Assisted vs Conventional Laparoscopic Surgery for Rectal Cancer. JAMA. 2018 Mar 20;319(11):1163-1164. doi: 10.1001/jama.2017.21692.
- Figueiredo N, Panteleimonitis S, Popeskou S, Cunha JF, Qureshi T, Beets GL, Heald RJ, Parvaiz A. Delaying surgery after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer has no influence in surgical approach or short-term clinical outcomes. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2018 Apr;44(4):484-489. doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2018.01.088. Epub 2018 Feb 2.
- Panteleimonitis S, Popeskou S, Harper M, Kandala N, Figueiredo N, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Minimally invasive colorectal surgery in the morbid obese: does size really matter? SurgEndosc. 2018 Aug;32(8):3486-3494. doi: 10.1007/s00464-018-6068-5. Epub 2018 Jan 23.
- Popeskou SG, Panteleimonitis S, Christoforidis D, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Port Placement for Laparoscopic Colonic Resections – Video Vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2017 Nov 25. doi: 10.1111/codi.13974. [Epub ahead of print]
- Popeskou SG, Panteleimonitis S, Figueiredo N, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Robotic vascular ligation, medial to lateral dissection and splenic flexure mobilization for rectal cancer – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2018 Feb;20(2):165-166. doi: 10.1111/codi.13940.
- Panteleimonitis S, Ahmed J, Parker T, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic resection for primary and recurrent Crohn’s disease: A case series of over 100 consecutive cases. Int J Surg. 2017 Nov;47:69-76. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2017.09.055. Epub 2017 Sep 22.
- Popeskou SG, Panteleimonitis S, Figueiredo N, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Robotic total mesorectal excision for a T4 rectal cancer after radiotherapy – a video vignette.Colorectal Dis. 2017 Dec;19(12):1118-1119. doi: 10.1111/codi.13896.
- Panteleimonitis S, Harper M, Hall S, Figueiredo N, Qureshi T, Parvaiz A. Precision in robotic rectal surgery using the da Vinci Xi system and integrated table motion, a technical note.J Robot Surg. 2018 Sep;12(3):433-436. doi: 10.1007/s11701-017-0752-7. Epub 2017 Sep 15.
- Ahmed J, Cao H, Panteleimonitis S, Khan J, Parvaiz A. Robotic vs laparoscopic rectal surgery in high-risk patients. Colorectal Dis. 2017 Dec;19(12):1092-1099. doi: 10.1111/codi.13783.
- Siddiqi N, Panteleimonits S, Ahmed J, Kuzu A, Parvaiz A. Role of laparoscopy in multivisceral resection for colorectal cancer – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2017 Jul;19(7):693-694.
- Panteleimonitis S, Siddiqi N, Nasir T, Ahmed J, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Robotic lower anterior resection for a regrowth following complete clinical response – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2017 Jul;19(7):694-695.
- Panteleimonitis S, Siddiqi N, Amjad T, Figueiredo N, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic en bloc total mesorectal excision post chemoradiotherapy – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2017 Jul;19(7):697-698
- Panteleimonitis S, Ahmed J, Popeskou SG, Figueiredo N, Qureshi T, Heald RJ, Parvaiz A. Tailored-made robotic abdominoperineal resection, using the da Vinci Xi, for a regrowth of rectal tumour after complete clinical response – a video vignette. Colorectal Dis. 2017 Jul;19(7):696-697.
- Odermatt M, Ahmed J, Panteleimonitis S, Khan J, Parvaiz A. Prior experience in laparoscopic rectal surgery can minimise the learning curve for robotic rectal resections: a cumulative sum analysis. SurgEndosc. 2017 Oct;31(10):4067-4076.
- Panteleimonitis S, Parvaiz A. Robotic colorectal surgery. Surgery.2017 Mar;35(3):151– 156.
- Panteleimonitis S, Ahmed J, Harper M, Parvaiz A. Critical analysis of the literature investigating urogenital function preservation following robotic rectal cancer surgery. World J Gastrointest Surg. 2016 Nov 27;8(11):744-754.
- M. Nasir, S. Panteleimonitis, J. Ahmed, H. Abbas, A. Parvaiz, Learning Curves in Robotic Rectal Cancer Surgery : A literature Review J. Minim. Invasive Surg. Sci. 2016 November; 5(4):e41196.
- Panteleimonitis S, Ahmed J, Ramachandra M, Farooq M, Harper M, Parvaiz A. Urogenital function in robotic vs laparoscopic rectal cancer surgery: a comparative study. Int. J Colorectal Dis. 2017 Feb;32(2):241-248.
- Parés D, Shamali A, Flashman K, O’Leary D, Senapati A, Conti J, Parvaiz A, Khan J. Laparoscopic surgical treatment of ileocecal Crohn’s disease: Impact of obesity on short term results. 2017 Jan;95(1):17-23. doi: 10.1016/j.ciresp.2016.12.001. Epub 2016 Dec 29.
- J. Ahmed, S. Panteleimonitis, A. Parvaiz. Modular approach for single docking robotic colorectal surgery, J. Vis. Surg. 2 (2016) 109–109.
- Ahmed J, Khan J, Flashman K, ParvaizA .Three steps Standardised Technique for Robotic splenic flexure mobilisation. Colorectal Dis. 2016 May;18(5):O171-4.
- Ahmed J, Khan J, Parvaiz A. Standardised Technique for single docking robotic rectal surgery: Experience from first 100 rectal resections. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016 Apr;31(4):869-76.
- Odermatt M1, Flashman K, Khan J, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic-assisted abdominoperineal resection for low rectal cancer provides a shorter length of hospital stay while not affecting the recurrence or survival: a propensity score-matched analysis. Surg Today. 2016 Jul;46(7):798-806.
- Tou S, Bergamaschi R, Heald RJ, Parvaiz A. Structured training in robotic colorectal surgery. Colorectal Dis. 2015 Mar;17(3):185.
- Odermatt M, Miskovic D, Flashman K, Khan J, Senapati A, O’Leary D, Thompson M, Parvaiz A. Major postoperative complications following elective resection for colorectal cancer decrease long-term survival but not the time to recurrence. Colorectal Dis. 2015 Feb;17(2):141-9.
- Siddiqi N, Abbas M, Iqbal Z, Farooq M, Conti J, Parvaiz A. Benefit of rectal washout for anterior resection and left sided resections. Int J Surg 2016 Jan;25:106-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2015.11.041. Epub 2015 Nov 25
- Siddiqi N, Zaman Q, Patel K, Khan J, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery outcomes for patients with previous abdominal surgery. Journal of minimal invasive surgery August 2015.
- Khattak H, Siddiqi N, Parvaiz A, George S,Flashman K. A comparative study assessing the quality of life and bowel function in patients following laparoscopic and open anterior resection for rectal cancer. Annals Of Medicine and Surgery. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2014.02.004.
- Miskovic D, Foster J, Agha A, Delaney CP, Francis N, Hasegawa H, Karachun A, Kim SH, Law WL, Marks J, Morino M, Panis Y, Uriburu JC, Wexner SD, Parvaiz A. Standardization of Laparoscopic Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectal Cancer: A Structured International Expert Consensus. Ann Surg. 2014 Jul 28.
- Chand M, Siddiqui MR, Rasheed S, Brown G, Tekkis P, Parvaiz A, Qureshi T. A systematic review and meta-analysis evaluating the role of laparoscopic surgical resection of transverse colon tumours. SurgEndosc. 2014 Dec;28(12):3263-72.
- Odermatt M, Siddiqi N, Johns R, Miskovic D, Khan O, Khan J, Parvaiz A. The short- and long-term outcomes for patients with splenic flexure tumours treated by left versus extended right colectomy are comparable: a retrospective analysis. Surg Today. 2014 Nov;44(11):2045-51.
- Odermatt M, Miskovic D, Siddiqi N, Khan J, Parvaiz A. Short- and long-term outcomes after laparoscopic versus open emergency resection for colon cancer: an observational propensity score-matched study. World J Surg. 2013 Oct;37(10):2458-67.
- Orchard M, Roman A, Parvaiz A. Anal intraepithelial neoplasia–is treatment better than observation? Int J Surg. 2013;11(6):438-41.
- Khan OA, Parvaiz A, Vassallo DJ. Acute hernial strangulation following Wii Fit exercises. Acta Chir Belg. 2013 Jan-Feb;113(1):58-9.
- Mackenzie H, Miskovic D, Ni M, Parvaiz A, Acheson AG, Jenkins JT, Griffith J, Coleman MG, Hanna GB. Clinical and educational proficiency gain of supervised laparoscopic colorectal surgical trainees. SurgEndosc. 2013 Aug;27(8):2704-11
- Chand M, Bhoday J, Brown G, Moran B, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer. J R Soc Med. 2012 Oct;105(10):429-35.
- Miskovic D, Ni M, Wyles S, Kennedy RH, Francis NK, Parvaiz A, Cunningham C, Rockall TA, Gudgeon AM, Coleman MG, Hanna GB. Is Competency Assessment at the Specialist Level Achievable? A Study for the National Training Programme in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery in England. Ann Surg2013;257:476–482.
- Miskovic D, Ni M, Wyles S, Parvaiz A, Hanna GB. Observational clinical human reliability analysis (OCHRA) for competency assessment in laparoscopic colorectal surgery at the specialist level. SurgEndosc2012;26:796-803.
- Chand M, Bhoday J, Brown G, Moran B, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer. J R Soc Med 2012;105:429-435.
- Chand M, Miskovic D, Parvaiz A. Is Splenic Flexure Mobilization Necessary in Laparoscopic Anterior Resection? Dis Colon Rectum 2012;55:1195–1197.
- McGlone ER, Khan OA, Conti J, Iqbal Z, Parvaiz A. Functional outcomes following laparoscopic and open rectal resection for cancer. Int J Surg2012;10:305–309.
- McGlone ER, Khan OA, Flashman K, Khan MN, Parvaiz A. Urogenital function following laparoscopic and open rectal cancer resection: a comparative study. SurgEndosc 2012;26(9):2559-2565.
- Hemandas A, Zeidan S, Flashman K, Khan JS, Parvaiz A. Impact of the English National Training Programme for laparoscopic colorectal surgery on training opportunities for senior colorectal trainees. SurgEndosc 2012;26(7):1939-1945
- Marsden MR, Conti JA, Zeidan S, Flashman K, Khan JS, O’Leary DP, Parvaiz A. The selective use of splenic flexure mobilisation is safe in both laparoscopic and open anterior resection. Colorectal Dis 2012;14(10):1255-61.
- Chaudhary BN, Shabbir J, Griffith JP, Parvaiz A, Greenslade GL, Dixon AR. Short-term outcome following elective laparoscopic colorectal cancer resection in octogenarians and nonagenarians. Colorectal Dis. 2012;14(6):727-30.
- Senapati A, O’Leary DP, Flashman K, Parvaiz A, Thompson MR. Low rates of local recurrence after surgical resection of rectal cancer suggest a selective policy for preoperative radiotherapy. Colorectal Dis 2012;14(7):838-43.
- Khan JS, Hemandas A, Flashman K, Senapati A, O’Leary D, Parvaiz A. Clinical outcome of laparoscopic and open colectomy for right colonic carcinoma. Ann R Coll SurgEngl 2011;93(8):603-607.
- Hemandas A, Flashman K, Farrow J, O’Leary DP, Parvaiz A. Modular Training in laparoscopic colorectal surgery maximizes training opportunities without clinical compromise. World J Surg 2011:35(2):409-14.
- Khan OA, Dunning J, Parvaiz A, Agha R, Rosin D, Mackway-Jones K. Towards evidence- based medicine in surgical practice: Best BETs. Int J Surg2011;9:585-588.
- Hemandas A, Flashman KG, Farrow J, O’Leary DP, Parvaiz A. Modular Training in laparoscopic colorectal surgery maximizes training opportunities without clinical compromise. World J Surg. 2011 Feb; 35(2):409-14.
- Hemandas A, Abdelrahman T, Flashman KG, Skull AJ, Senapati A, O’Leary DP, Parvaiz A. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery offers better outcome for high risk cancer patients as compared to open surgery. Ann Surg. 2010 Jul; 252(1):84-9.
- Buchanan GN, Malik A, Parvaiz A, Sheffield JP, Kennedy RH. Laparoscopic resection for colorectal cancer Br J Surg. 2008 Jul; 95(7):893-902.
- Parvaiz A, Azeem S, Singh R, Lamparelli M. Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy: An alternative tool in the treatment of bleeding rectal varices. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006 Mar;49(3):411-2.
- Parvaiz A, Stevens RJ, Lamparelli MJ, Jeffery PJ. A rare case of adenocarcinoma arising within a duplication cyst of the rectum: curative excision with 9-year follow-up. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2005 Sep;87(5):W8-10.
- Chandran S, Parvaiz A, Ghafoor I, Steadman B, Pearce NW, Primrose JN. Ruptured left gastric artery aneurysm successfully treated by thrombin injection: case report and literature review. Scientific World Journal. 2005 Jan 21;5:20-3.
- Parvaiz A, Chandran S, Karim A, Kumar K, Jeffrey P, Lagatolla NR. Torted and ruptured wandering spleen presenting as a surgical emergency in pregnancy. Scientific World Journal. 2004; 4:1035-7.
- Parvaiz A, Chandram S, Ahmed M, Karim A, Lagattolla NRF. Popliteal artery aneurysms masquerading as deep vein thrombosis. Annals of KEMC 2004 Jun;10(2):205-7.
- Karim A, Parvaiz A, Alner M, Gosling C, Laggatolla N. Massive false aneurysm of peroneal artery treated by endovascular stent. EJVS Extra Feb 2004.
- Mukherjee A, Parvaiz A, Cecil TD, Moran BJ. Pseudomyxoma peritonei usually originates from the appendix: a review of the evidence. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2004;25(4); 411-4.
- Alberts J, Parvaiz A, Moran BJ. Predicting risk and diminishing the consequences of anastomotic dehiscence following rectal resection. Colorectal Dis. 2003 Sep: 5(5): 478-82.
- Das, Archik; Hureibi, Khalid; Tayyab, Muhammad; McCullough, Peter, BMJ Case Reports 2017; doi:10.1136/bcr-2017-220752, Caecal Cancer presenting as leg erythema and a lung opacity”
- Tayyab M, Razack A, Sharma A, Gunn J, Hartley JE, Surg Today. 2015 Jul;45(7):826-33. doi: 10.1007/s00595-014-1068-0. Epub 2014 Nov 7, Does tumour size matter? Correlation of rectal tumour volumes with oncological outcomes in low rectal cancers
- Tayyab M, Sharma A, Macdonald AW, Gunn J, Hartley JE, Monson JR.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2012 Oct;397(7):1053-7. doi: 10.1007/s00423-012-0986-9.PMID:22875223 Prognostic significance of lymph node ratio in patients undergoing abdominoperineal resection of rectum.
- Tayyab M, Sharma A, Ragg JL, Macdonald AW, Gunn J, Hartley JE, Monson JR.Dis Colon Rectum. 2012 Mar;55(3):316-21.PMID:22469799, Evaluation of the impact of implementing the prone jackknife position for the perineal phase of abdominoperineal excision of the rectum.
Videos, Oral and Poster Presentations
Over 500 videos, oral and posters has been presented in various national and international meeting. Many of these presentations secured awards and prizes.