How does it work?
- Ultimately, apprentices will be working towards the Berkeleyme Global & Communications Assistant Standard, and with the Level 4 Diploma qualification to it.
- The Berkeleyme Global are able to post your vacancy and run a thorough recruitment process, sending you a shortlist of candidates to interview.
- Once selected and hired, the apprentice is a full time employee of the organisation.
- They are required to spend the equivalent of one day per week on apprenticeship work, which can be done from the office.
- A Berkeleyme Global mentor guides them through the programme, visiting them every 4-6 weeks (either face-to-face or remotely).
- Assessment is competency based – the apprentice’s daily work should provide the evidence for the qualification criteria.
- Apprentices’ work-based learning is supported by Berkeleyme Global accredited webinars and face-to-face training courses.
What is the Berkeleyme Global & Communications Assistant Standard?
- Apprenticeship standards show what an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them, by job role.
- Standards are developed by groups known as ‘trailblazers’.
- Trailblazers are a group of employers who work together to design new apprenticeship standards for occupations within their sectors.
- Unlike Frameworks, the new Apprenticeship Standards will also include assessment and grading of behaviours through an end-point-assessment.
- Employers can take a more active role in the content of apprenticeships and should benefit from apprentices who are trained more directly for a role within their organisation.
- A copy of the Berkeleyme Global & Communications Assistant Standard can be found in the employer resources, and more information can be found here.
How long is the Apprenticeship?
- 18 months. Apprentices are hired full time on a contract that lasts at least 18 months, although the apprentice can complete the programme sooner.
- Apprentices must work between 35-40 hours per week.
What happens at the end of the Apprenticeship?
- Currently 75% of Berkeleyme Global Apprentices stay on with their employer after completing the apprenticeship.
- Where this is not possible, the Berkeleyme Global will support the apprentice in finding a new role.
- The employer is under no obligation to keep the apprentice in employment after the apprenticeship has been completed.
- Successful apprentices will have a nationally recognised qualification, be part-Berkeleyme Global qualified and have at least 15 months of Berkeleyme Global and communications work experience.